Saturday, April 14, 2007

Better Late Than Never

When I moved from North Carolina to Las Vegas in August 2006, I told myself that I should document the move in a blog. I thought it would be neat for family and friends to see my adventures now that I would be so far away. Well, I'm lazy and never did it. My new friend, Leigh, just finished a two year road trip all around the country with her boyfriend. They kept up a blog that was kind of like a picture diary of their trip. I really enjoyed looking through their blog, as well as the comments left by their family and friends, who obviously followed their journey closely. So, I decided, it's better late than never.

Even though I've been here eight months, every day is still a new adventure. I've made some friends, but it takes a long time to develop close friendships like I have at home. I'm still exploring the area, finding fun locals hangouts, favorite stores, and new hiking locations. There's still much to tell, and on the slow days, I can recap events from the past eight months. And even when there's nothing to talk about, I can always post a picture. To many people, Las Vegas is a dreamland where you can be someone you're not while you're on vacation. But for me, it's a place where I can be myself. I hope that this blog shows that Las Vegas is a normal place where normal people do normal things. There are just a lot more things do here, and they don't always have to be normal!

With that, I leave you with a picture from the airplane the last time I flew out of Las Vegas before I moved. I was so sad to see it disappear from my view because I didn't know the next time I would see it again. Just ten (long) months later, I was here, and now I can see it every day!

No comments: