Friday, July 6, 2007

It's hot outside!

The first time I came to Las Vegas was at the end of June/beginning of July, and I moved here in August, so I've been here when it's hot. But the temperatures then were no where near where it is now. It's been 116 the last two days. In Florida and North Carolina, 96 would be sweltering, but here it's 20 degrees hotter than that! To be honest, it isn't as bad as it sounds. Granted, I am inside all day, but tonight I was outside at a friend's party, and the thermometer read 115, and it just didn't feel like 115. 100 yes, but not 115. I've been bracing myself for this heat, and if this is as bad as it gets, then there's nothing wrong with the weather in Las Vegas.

I was talking to a woman at a restaurant today about the potential for a group of us to eat outside on Sunday (under the misters). Only in Las Vegas would someone say what she said, "It's supposed to cool off this weekend. The high is only going to be 108." Yikes!

No comments: