Monday, March 24, 2008

Exploring with the Brits

After three days on the Strip, I was sure Jan, Maurice, and Ann were ready for a change of scenery, so I took them up to Mt. Charleston for breakfast at the Mt. Charleston Lodge. This was a risky proposition as it was Easter, and the last time I attempted to eat here on a holiday, it took two hours just to order. Fortunately, we arrived at 9am and there were many empty tables. They had a fixed price menu with four choices, and we each ordered a different plate. Breakfast was fast and the view was amazing. It was a perfect day and not too cold despite there being snow on the ground. My guests couldn't believe that a place with so many trees could be so close to Las Vegas. Ann remarked as she was getting out of the car, "It's so quiet here!"
After breakfast, I drove to Red Rock for a complete juxtaposition of scenery. The group loved the color of the rocks and the stunning mountains. We went through the visitor's center, took some pictures, and drove around the scenic loop. They remarked that they could understand why I love living here, and they had smiles on their faces all day! This "eat at Mt. Charleston then tour Red Rock" itinerary is one that I will have to do for all guests that come to town.

No comments: