Sunday, February 17, 2008

Skiing in Tahoe

Joe and I hopped in his car Friday afternoon and made the 6 hour drive to Reno/Lake Tahoe for a weekend of skiing. We stayed at the Silver Legacy, which had the hardest bed I have ever slept in. We discovered an awesome blues bar around the corner that was a local's joint with great live bands with their own roadies.


We skiied two days at Northstar, which is about 30 minutes away from Reno. The mountain doesn't look big from the road, but it is massive in both vertical drop and skiiable acres. Joe and I spent the days on the backside of the mountain tackling double black diamonds. He is a great skiier and gave me some great pointers. The mountain was entirely too crowded with long waits at the lift lines because it was a long weekend, but the backside of the mountain had no lines.
Me in my hot purple ski pants. These will never go out of style! :)
Joe and me on the top of the backside of the mountain. The view is incredible.
Lake Tahoe in the background.

Here's a small, crappy video of me skiing. Next time I'll bring my video camera.

No comments: